Link your database with BioGrid
Once your institution’s Ethics Committee has approved your database being added to BioGrid, the following information is required:
- Where is the database stored on your institution’s network or PC? E.g. s:/shared/my_data/results.dbs
- Will the data be updated periodically (nightly/weekly/monthly) or is it a once off load to BioGrid?
- What type of database is it? Eg SQL, Access, DB2
- Which fields would you like to be viewed in BioGrid
[Note: no identifiers are viewed but are required to make the unique subject index (USI) for linking]
- Do you have the identifiers required to generate the USI?
- First name
- Middle initial (not compulsory)
- Sex (not compulsory)
- Date of Birth
- Digits 5-9 of the Medicare number (not compulsory)
- What are the definitions of the fields in your database? This is used to create the Web Business Glossary so users can search for information and compare definitions.
A BioGrid staff member will contact you about these questions once ethics have been approved.